Operational silos are going to have to come down if securities firms want real innovation for pre- and post-trade operations, says Andrew L. Kayiira Jr., the founder and managing partner of Eden Point Partners, a capital markets advisory firm that serves firms working in the over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives markets.
The good news is that OTC markets are leading the way as far as innovation, says Kayiira, who was the focus of an FTF News Live interview on November 4.
During the live chat, Kayiira also provided insights about:
- How innovation impacts pre-trade and post-trade operations and related processes;
- How firms are streamlining their collateral management operations to meet the Phase Six deadines;
- How the industry needs an optimized framework for collateral data governance, and how ISDA’s Common Domain Model (CDM) fits into it;
- How Phase Six compliance is tied to the effort to digitize relationship level documentation;
- How artificial intelligence impacts securities operations and compliance;
- And the data access barriers that complicate the management of OTC products, processes, and regulatory requirements.
To continue this discussion register for our upcoming webinar, Time for a Firm-Wide Data Management Strategy: Enterprise Collateral Management, Compliance & Control, Nov. 10th at 10 am ET. Our expert panel including Andrew Kayiira of Eden Point, Amy Caruso of ISDA, Ted Allen of FIS, and Staffan Ahlner of State Street, will delve further into how firms should work towards a unified data strategy to improve collateral management across the trading book.