We were lucky to feature bond trading pioneer Jim Toffey, now the CEO and co-founder of LTX, part of Broadridge Financial Solutions, in the latest edition of FTF News Live.
The interview focused on how asset manager AllianceBernstein applied artificial intelligence technology from LTX to a block trade of corporate bonds. AllianceBernstein used a patented protocol, dubbed RFX developed by LTX.
As you may know, Mr. Toffey is the former CEO and one of the founders of Tradeweb Markets, a joint venture that began by trading fixed income instruments electronically. Tradeweb launched in 1997 and grew into a global exchange platform for 18 different asset classes
The live interview covered:
- The RFX protocol and its component technologies;
- Where corporate bond trading is and where it’s going as far as artificial intelligence;
- Case study details about the AllianceBernstein usage of RFX;
- The new liquidity access and bidding processes;
- What it takes to get firms to move beyond their phones;
- And what’s ahead for the LTX platform.
FTF News first reported on the AllianceBernstein effort with LTX on April 21 and the story can be found here